Who we are:
Ascellus is the leading behavioral health provider focused on helping injured workers restore their physical and emotional wellbeing. By bringing our people and technology together, we can deliver customized treatment options, reduce costs for workers’ compensation claims and empower injured workers to return to work sooner.
Our national network of over 1,500 licensed clinicians has a track record of success. Using proven patient-centered treatments, we help injured workers identify the thoughts and feelings that influence behaviors and attitudes while ensuring they’ve got the tools necessary to feel better and live better.
The consequences of delayed employee recovery can be severe. More workers are absent from work due to stress and anxiety than physical illness or injury combined, causing enormous financial strain on themselves and their employers. We’ve proven that early identification and targeted intervention with injured workers at risk of delayed recovery significantly reduce total claims costs. Our integrated, transformative approach to behavioral health drives meaningful and measurable results — for employers and employees alike.
At ASCELLUS, we find diversity makes us a thriving company. Our inclusivity is what fuels our innovation and growth. Therefore, ASCELLUS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Why this position is important to us:
The ASCELLUS Chief Clinical Innovation Officer is thrilled to extend this opportunity to the right candidate.
The VP of Product Development will profoundly impact the future of ASCELLUS at a defining moment in the evolution of the Company. S/he will be a strategic contributor to the Company’s direction and growth. The VP of Product Development will need to have demonstrated success working in an organization with an unwavering commitment to product excellence and end-user experience. Working with clinical, technology, and marketing executives is essential. The VP of Product Development will work hand in hand with all other operating execs to push for broader, deeper strategic thinking and must be able to deliver compelling ideas in a room with some of the industry’s most innovative executives. He/she is responsible for strategically driving the proactive development of the Company’s roadmap of products and services. The VP of Product Management oversees Product Managers and UX/CX Designers.
What are we looking for?
- Required – Ten years of product management experience in the healthcare space.
- Master’s degree in the arts and sciences or computer science field.
- In-depth Lean and Agile software development expertise and user-centric design experience.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate a wide range of detailed information, clearly identifying the pertinent points to determine coherent approaches to problems.
- Proven expertise in the use of product development tools and methodologies.
- Fluency with the product development life cycle, creation of design inputs and outputs, and design validation.
- Proven ability to lead teams and achieve challenging objectives with direct and indirect management of functional resources.
- A solid technical understanding that will enable technical conversations that challenge developers to consider novel approaches to platform and product evolution.
- Experience with successful launches of new products, preferable in the healthcare space
- Ability to influence leaders cross-functionally to drive projects that are in line with business strategy
- Ability to effectively respond to changes in project scope and focus.
- The VP of Product Management: Leads the visioning process for future platform and digital enterprise innovation that supports the Company’s growth and clinical innovation strategy, driving revenue and expansion into new markets.
- Identifies and champions novel technologies, diverse approaches, customer needs, and scientific advances to bring highly differentiated products to the market in an expedited manner.
- Responsible for building, partnering, buying research, and analyzing for large-scale capability enhancements and new products.
- Conducts competitive landscape research and analysis to inform prioritization of development initiatives
- Collects stakeholder input and facilitates the prioritization of new investments.
- Builds business cases for new product investments, including products related to clinical innovation
- Collaborates with Leadership and subject matter experts to map resource requirements and secure and manage internal and external resources required to support product development.
- Leads resource planning, cost estimations, and oversight for the research & development function, inclusive of both the internal team and consulting contracts and teams.
- Communicates effectively and facilitates open dialogue, skillfully negotiating with colleagues at all levels of the organization to gain commitment and achieve shared goals.
- Ensures that milestones are met according to specified timelines, budgets, quality metrics and resources, working in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders including regulatory and business units and other key stakeholders.
- Hires, motivates and manages the performance of the product management team, including product managers and UX/CX designers.
- Identifies strong talent and develops others through mentoring, coaching, and assignment of development opportunities.
- Leads user research and user testing with all end users of our products to ensure that our products are a delight to use.
- Pairs with the Technology team and ensures that business requirement documentation, the sprint planning process, UAT, and the overall product development processes are efficient and effective.
- Maintains the product development roadmap and communicates progress to key stakeholders.
- Tracks and reports on the impact of product investments on the business (e.g., increased patient engagement, market penetration based on new products, reduction in COGs)
- Builds strong relationships with key cross-functional departments such as Marketing, Leadership, Clinical, and Operations to ensure collaboration and aligned decision making for development initiatives.
- Collaborates with leaders in the organization to help build out strategic presentations for internal stakeholders, Board level meetings, and external partners. Experience in being able to make complex statements digestible.
- Recognizes and encourages team members’ expertise, diversity of experience, and background to drive individual and team success.
- Identifies strong talent and builds the talent in the Product area, providing his/her employees with coaching and mentoring and assignment of development opportunities.
- Reviews employees’ annual performance and provides employees with feedback.
- Example initiatives include building out the Company’s provider network digital and clinical product digital experience for providers, clinical quality managers, and patients and building out products to enable large-scale data analysis, business intelligence, and outcomes visualization.
Apply for this position
Please submit your resumes to Birizarry@ascellus.com