Provides psychological evaluations and cognitive behavioral therapy to injured workers, primarily presenting with pain and trauma symptoms.
- Performs telehealth psychological assessments of referred patients by administering, scoring and interpreting
tests as well as other psycho-diagnostic techniques and behavior observations.
- Provides telehealth treatment psychological treatment to adults.
- Conducts initial telehealth interview with referred patient, gathers and reviews all relevant information.
- Determines urgency of referred patient 's needs. Provides a professional interpretation of referred patient’s presentation and recommends a course of therapeutic action; selects appropriate treatment modality.
- Refers for face to face appropriate and immediate guidance and therapy for referred patients in crisis or in need
of escalated clinical services.
- Maintains written record of therapy, prepares reports and letters; phones, writes and attends interdisciplinary
- Transmits diagnostic and assessment information to referring professionals through verbal and written reports.
Education and Experience
Two (2) or more years of post-graduate experience in a behavioral health setting, or a pre-doctoral internship, post-doctoral internship or fellowship. Internship in an APA approved program preferred.
Doctorate degree from an APA accredited doctorate program with specialization in a field of clinical or counseling psychology. Extensive experience on Chronic pain and PTSD assessments and treatment.
Current license as a Psychologist by the California Board of Psychology. Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
Testing, scoring and interpretation of the following:
- MMPI-2 RF
- Pain Catastrophizing Scale
- Tampa Kinesiophobia Scale
- Injury Experience Questionnaire
- Adverse Childhood Events Questionnaire
- DUKE Social S
- Prescription Drugs
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Birthday Day Off
Once you have applied, your resume and application will be reviewed by one of our recruiters.
If you are selected to move forward in the interviewing process, you will be given the opportunity to either complete a video interview or schedule an in-person interview that will follow all applicable CDC guidelines.
If selected for a role, you will be contacted by Human Resources and presented with an offer.
All new hires must undergo a background check and drug screening, which typically takes 5-7 days to complete. Once Ascellus is notified of the results, the hiring manager and the HR department will welcome you and the onboarding experience will begin.
Candidates not selected will be notified.
Apply for this position
Please submit your resume to HRrecruiter@ascellus.com